The People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria is not only long shot to win the World Cup, but also to make it out of their group. With powerhouses Russia, Belgium and to some degree South Korea, Algeria might be stuck in Group H’s basement.
The squad does have a solid midfield, but with a sub-par attack and defense and that will hurt them in group play. The squad and country can be proud of playing in back to back World Cups for the first time since 1982 and 1986.
What are Algeria’s Betting Odds in the 2014 World Cup?
- To Win The Tournament +100000
- To Reach the Final: +40000
- To Win Group H: +2800
- To Qualify: +500
- Not To Qualify: -850
- To Finish Last In Group H: -162
- To Be the Highest Scoring team in the Tournament: +100000
- To Be the Highest Scoring team in the Group: +2800
How did Algeria qualify for the 2014 World Cup?
Not very easily. In the first stage of the African qualification, Algeria won group H over Mali, Benin and Rwanda, with 15 points tallied after five wins and one loss. In the head to head series they drew Burkina Faso and tied 3-3 in the overall result, but the ‘Desert Warriors’ got their World Cup ticket by scoring more away goals.
World Cup Qualifying Results
- 02/06/12 Algeria 4 – 0 Rwanda
- 10/06/12 Mali 2 – 1Algeria
- 26/03/13 Algeria 3 – 1 Benin
- 09/06/13 Benin 1 – 3 Algeria
- 16/06/13 Rwanda 0 – 1 Algeria
- 10/09/13 Algeria 1 – 0 Mali
- 12/10/13 Burkina Faso 3 – 2 Algeria
- 19/11/13 Algeria 1 – 0 Burkina Faso
Who are Algeria opponents in the 2014 World Cup?
Algeria is listed +2800 to win group H, where they will face Belgium (-137), Russia (+240), and South Korea (+800).
What is Algeria schedule For The 2014 World Cup?
Algeria opens their quest for the 2014 World Cup on June 17 against Belgium at the Estádio Mineirão, in Belo Horizonte; the Algerian team is the moneyline betting underdog listed at +850 to win the match. The Belgians are -222.
Game two will be at Beira-Rio, in Porto Alegre on June 22 against South Korea; again the Algerians are betting underdogs listed +310 to win and the Koreans are +114.
On June 26, Algeria (+575) will close the group stage against Russia (-150) on Arena da Baixada, in Curitiba.
Algeria’ Official 2014 World Cup Slogan
“Desert Warriors In Brazil”
Algeria’s World Cup Roster
GOALKEEPERS: Rais M’bolhi (CSKA Sofia), Mohamed Zemmamouche (USM Alger), Ezzdine Doukha (USM El Harrach), Mohamed Cdric (CS Constantine).
DEFENDERS: Essaid Belkalem (Watford), Madjid Bougherra (free agent), Lyassine Cadamuro (Real Mallorca), Faouzi Ghoulam (Napoli), Rafik Halliche (Academica Coimbra), Nacereddine Khoualed (USM Alger), Aissa Mandi (Reims), Mehdi Mostefa (Ajaccio), Carl Medjani (Valenciennes), Djamel Mesbah (Livorno).
MIDFIELDERS: Nabil Bentaleb (Tottenham), Ryad Boudebouz (Bastia), Yacine Brahimi (Granada), Adlene Guedioura (Crystal Palace), Amir Karaoui (ES Setif), Medhi Lacen (Getafe), Saphir Taider (Inter Milan), Hassen Yebda (Udinese).
FORWARDS: Rafik Djebour (Nottingham Forest), Abdelmoumen Djabou (Club Africain), Sofiane Feghouli (Valencia), Ryad Mahrez (Leicester City), Islam Slimani (Sporting Lisbon), Hilal Soudani (Dinamo Zagreb), Foued Kadir (Rennes), Nabil Ghilas (FC Porto).
Who’s Algeria Most Important Player in the 2014 World Cup?
Sofiane Feghouli plays in the Spanish La Liga with Valencia CF; he’s the most dangerous striker on the team.
What are Algeria Betting Trends For the 2014 World Cup?
- Algeria will be in their fourth World Cup appearance this year; they have never advanced from the group stage.
- Algeria has two wins, two draws and five losses in nine World Cup games, with six goals scored and 12 allowed. However, they haven’t won a game over their last two World Cup appearances.
- Algeria has faced Belgium twice, recording a loss and a draw, but the last time they met was in 2003.
- Algeria lost to South Korea 2-0 in 1985, in the only time they have faced each other.
- Algeria has never played Russia.
How far can Algeria go?
Despite the ease of group H, Algeria will be in the basement.
Complete 2014 FIFA World Cup Betting Odds:
- Brazil 3/1
- Argentina 9/2
- Germany 11/2
- Spain 13/2
- Belgium 14/1
- France 20/1
- Italy 22/1
- Uruguay 22/1
- Colombia 25/1
- Netherlands 25/1
- England 28/1
- Portugal 28/1
- Chile 40/1
- Russia 66/1
- Mexico 100/1
- Switzerland 100/1
- USA 100/1
- Ecuador 125/1
- Ivory Coast 125/1
- Croatia 150/1
- Japan 150/1
- Bosnia-Herzegovina 200/1
- Ghana 200/1
- Greece 200/1
- Nigeria 250/1
- South Korea 300/1
- Australia 500/1
- Cameroon 500/1
- Algeria 1000/1
- Costa Rica 1000/1
- Honduras 1500/1
- Iran 1500/1