Belgium is back in the World Cup and is a major threat. The odds makers love them and so do I. Sportbet has them at tops odds to win their group and the fifth best in line to win it all.
— FIFAWorldCup (@FIFAWorldCup) May 29, 2014
The Belgians were great in qualifying and have a young squad that can run and gun with the top teams this year. However they suffered a big blow to their championship dreams when their main scoring threat in Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke suffered a devastating Achilles injury, ruling him out for the tournament.
What are Belgium Betting Odds in the 2014 World Cup?
- To Win The Tournament +2000
- To Reach the Final: +700
- To Win Group H: -142
- To Qualify: -500
- Not To Qualify: +350
- To Finish Last In Group H: +2500
- To Be the Highest Scoring team in the Tournament: +1800
- To Be the Highest Scoring team in the Group: -162
How did Belgium qualify?
The Belgians did have some luck in the level of competition in their European qualifying groups but their gameplay was impressive. They went unbeaten winning eight matches and playing to two draws. They finished tops with 26 points.
Who are Belgium opponents in the 2014 World Cup?
Belgium is favorites to win group H at -142 as they face Russia (+250), South Korea (+900) and Algeria (+2800). Many have dubbed this the weakest group this year.
What is Belgium’s schedule For The 2014 World Cup?
The Belgian’s first World Cup game in 12 years has them favorites at -250 to outplay Algeria (+900) on June 17th.
Game two will be the hardest as they face Russia on June 22. Belgium is the favorite listed at +115 while the Russians are +260.
South Korea (+450) will be Belgium’s (-133) last group level opponent on June 26.
What’s Belgium Official Slogan For The 2014 World Cup?
“Expect The Impossible!”
What’s Belgium List of Players for the 2014 World Cup?
GOALKEEPERS: Thibaut Courtois (Chelsea), Simon Mignolet (Liverpool), Koen Casteels (Hoffenheim), Silvio Proto (Anderlecht)
DEFENDERS: Toby Alderweireld (Atletico Madrid), Anthony Vanden Borre (Anderlecht), Laurent Ciman (Standard Liege), Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham), Vincent Kompany (Manchester City), Daniel Van Buyten (Bayern Munich), Thomas Vermaelen (Arsenal), Nicolas Lombaerts (Zenit)
MIDFIELDERS: Axel Witsel (Zenit), Steven Defour, Marouane Fellaini (Manchester United), Nacer Chadli (Tottenham), Moussa Dembele (Tottenham), Kevin De Bruyne (Wolfsburg), Adnan Januzaj (Manchester United), Eden Hazard (Chelsea)
FORWARDS: Dries Mertens (Napoli), Kevin Mirallas (Everton), Romelu Lukaku (Chelsea), Divock Origi (Lille)
Who’s Belgium Most Important Player in the 2014 World Cup?
Belgium has a team filled with tremendous young strikers, but none like Eden Hazard, who commands both the midfield and the offense. Hazard, who plays at Chelsea FC, is Belgium’s number one hope to be a pleasant surprise in the 2014 World Cup.
What are Belgium Betting Trends For the 2014 World Cup?
- Belgium best appearance in the World Cup was back in Mexico 1986 when they finished in fourth place.
- Belgium has been in 11 World Cups, advancing to the second round five times.
- Belgium has scored 46 goals and allowed 63 overall in the World Cup.
- Belgium has faced Algeria twice but never in the World Cup. The results were a win by the Europeans and a draw, but the last time they met was in 2003.
- Belgium and Russia met three times, once in the World Cup with two wins for the Belgians and one draw. Their World Cup meeting was at Korea and Japan 2002 with a 3-2 result.
- Belgium has faced South Korea three times, twice in World Cup meetings. The Europeans won at Italy 1990 (2-0), and tied in France 1998 (1-1), the other result was a 2-1 victory on a friendly game.
How far will Belgium go?
Their talent will be more than enough to win Group H, but after that it is anybody’s guess as they could face any of Germany, Portugal, Ghana, or USA.
Odds to Win 2014 FIFA World Cup:
- Brazil 3/1
- Argentina 9/2
- Germany 11/2
- Spain 13/2
- Belgium 14/1
- France 20/1
- Italy 22/1
- Uruguay 22/1
- Colombia 25/1
- Netherlands 25/1
- England 28/1
- Portugal 28/1
- Chile 40/1
- Russia 66/1
- Mexico 100/1
- Switzerland 100/1
- USA 100/1
- Ecuador 125/1
- Ivory Coast 125/1
- Croatia 150/1
- Japan 150/1
- Bosnia-Herzegovina 200/1
- Ghana 200/1
- Greece 200/1
- Nigeria 250/1
- South Korea 300/1
- Australia 500/1
- Cameroon 500/1
- Algeria 1000/1
- Costa Rica 1000/1
- Honduras 1500/1
- Iran 1500/1