No matter which side you are on for the 2014 World Cup final between two futbol giants, Germany and Argentina, this is going to be a fun match to experience and an even better one to bet on. The Germans are a ½ goal favorites on the World Cup spread and slight moneyline betting favorites over the Argentines. Click here to join SportBet to wager on the World Cup.
The Germans emerged as favorites to win the World Cup after winning the “group of death” and then clobbering of the Neymar-less Brazilian squad earlier this week.
Lionel Messi has dragged his Argentine squad to this year’s final after winning on penalty kicks against the Netherlands in the semifinal. After a scoreless 120 minutes by both teams, Argentina needed two saves from goalkeeper Sergio Romero in the shootout to punch their ticket to Rio to face the Germans.
Germany Vs. Argentina Betting Odds
Spread: Germany -0.5 / Argentina +0.5
3-way line: Germany +125 / Argentina +245 / Draw +220
— FIFAWorldCup (@FIFAWorldCup) July 10, 2014
My Germany Vs. Argentina World Cup Betting Trends
World Cup résumé
- Germany: 18 appearances, 3 championships (1954, 1974, 1990), 4 runners-up (1966, 1982, 1986, 2002), 4 third places (1934, 1970, 2006, 2010)
- Argentina: 16 appearances, 2 championships (1978, 1986), 2 runners-up (1930, 1990)
- Germany: Joachim Löw
- Argentina: Alejandro Sabella
How they got to the World Cup finals
- Germany: 2-1 in group stage (def. Portugal, 4-0; tied Ghana, 2-2; def. U.S., 1-0); def. Algeria, 2-1, in round of 16; def. France, 1-0, in quarterfinals; def. Brazil, 7-1, in semifinals.
- Argentina: 3-0 in group stage (def. Bosnia, 2-1; def. Iran, 1-0; def. Nigeria, 3-2); def. Switzerland, 1-0, in round of 16; def. Belgium, 1-0, in quarterfinals; def. Netherlands, 0-0 on penalty kicks, in semifinals
Team statistics during the 2014 World Cup
- Germany: 64 attempts on target, 17 goals (14 open play, 3 set piece), 71 fouls committed, 4 yellow cards, 0 red cards
- Argentina: 61 attempts on target, 8 goals (7 open play, 1 set piece), 64 fouls committed, 6 yellow cards, 0 red cards
World Cup head-to-head history
- Germany leads, 4-1-1 (does not include 1-1 tie with East Germany in 1974).
- Argentina def. Germany, 3-2, in 1986 final.
- Germany def. Argentina, 1-0, in 1990 final.