A second straight trip to the World Cup is a great feat for this tiny nation. They do not have the resources or potential talent pool as CONCACAF rivals Mexico and the United States. That is perhaps why they have the second worst odds to win the World Cup and the worst odds to win Group E.
What are Honduras Betting Odds in the 2014 World Cup?
- To Win The Tournament +150000
- To Reach the Final: +50000
- To Win Group E: +3300
- To Qualify: +650
- Not To Qualify: -1000
- To Finish Last In Group E: +650
- To Be the Highest Scoring team in the Tournament: +250000
- To Be the Highest Scoring team in the Group: +2200
How did Honduras qualify?
After phoning it in to win its semifinal round group, Honduras brought it’s A game in the CONCACAF "Hex" qualifying with a series of "Mighty Duck, the Movie" performances, including a historic win away to Mexico. That victory snowballed into a four-game unbeaten streak by the fiesty Hondurans in their final matches.
Who are Honduras opponents in the 2014 World Cup?
Honduras is in group E with France (-125), Switzerland (+300) and Ecuador (+450), which bumps them to a +3300 underdog to finish first in the group.
What is Honduras schedule For The 2014 World Cup?
Honduras first game at the 2014 Brazil World Cup is on June 15 against France at the Estádio Beira-Rio, in Porto Alegre. Honduras is listed +1200 in the money line to win the match, and the French are -285.
Honduras (+450) faces Ecuador (-133) on June 20 at the Arena da Baixada, in Curitiba, in the second fixture of the group.
Their last game is against Switzerland (-166) at the Arena Amazônia, in Manaus, on June 25. Honduras is rated +700 to win the game.
What’s Honduras Official Slogan For The 2014 World Cup?
“We Are One Country, One Nation, Five Stars On The Heart”
What’s Honduras List of Players for the 2014 World Cup?
GOALKEEPERS : Donis Escober (Olimpia), Luis Lopez (Real Espana), Noel Valladares (Olimpia).
DEFENDERS : Brayan Beckeles (Olimpia), Osman Chavez (Qingdao Jonoon), Maynor Figueroa (Hull City), Juan Carlos Garcia (Wigan), Emilio Izaguirre (Celtic), Arnold Peralta (Rangers), Juan Pablo Montes (Motagua).
MIDFIELDERS : Marvin Chavez (Colorado Rapids), Jorge Claros (Motagua), Roger Espinoza (Wigan), Oscar Boniek Garcia (Houston Dynamo), Luis Garrido (Olimpia), Mario Martinez (Real Espana), Wilson Palacios (Stoke), Andy Najar (Anderlecht).
FORWARDS : Jerry Bengtson (New England Revolution), Carlo Costly (Real Espana), Rony Martinez (Real Sociedad), Jerry Palacios (Alajuelense).
Who’s Honduras Most Important Player in the 2014 World Cup?
Carlo Costly is the most experienced player in Honduras, he is the only striker on the team with the talent to score multiple times in the tournament.
What are Honduras Betting Trends For the 2014 World Cup?
- Honduras has been to two World Cups (1982 and 2010) in the past, but never have advanced to the second round.
- Honduras has played six World Cup games, recording three draws and three losses without a win; they have only scored two goals and allowed six.
- Honduras has never played France.
- Honduras and Switzerland met in South Africa 2010; they tied 0-0 and both were eliminated in the first round.
- Honduras and Ecuador have met 13 times with three two wins for the Hondurans, three losses and eight draws. They have never played in the World Cup.
How far will Honduras go?
Opponents will treat games Vs. Honduras as tune up games for their real opponents.